I am a Professor of Law at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, the Associate Director for Intellectual Property, Institute for Consumer Antitrust Studies. I have also taught at DePaul University, Northwestern University and the University of Virginia.
Prior to my academic career, I practiced as an intellectual property lawyer in the United Kingdom with Arnold & Porter and in Silicon Valley, California with Skadden, Arps. I earned my law degree with honors from the Australian National University and clerked for Justice Paul Finn of the Federal Court of Australia.
My research focuses on intellectual property and its intersection with technology and competition law. My work has been published in leading journals such as Nature, the California Law Review, the Northwestern Review and the Georgetown Law Journal. My research on copyright and fair use has been widely cited in academic works, court submissions, judicial opinions and government reports and I have also been widely recognized for my contributions to empirical studies of IP litigation.
How to pronounce my name
See this post for an extended discussion. If you want to try to get the authentic Hungarian sound it is Ság, but English speakers should say it to rhyme with flag.
A few more personal details
I am dyslexic and proud of it. For more details, see this post (link now fixed).
A few of my favorite science fiction books of all time, in no particular order:
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
- The Foundation Trilogy by Isaac Asimov
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
- The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Ubik by Philip K. Dick
- The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick
- Consider Phlebas by Iain M. Banks
- The Player of Games by Iain M. Banks
- Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks
- The Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison
- Dancers at the End of Time by Michael Moorcock
- The Cornelius Quartet by Michael Moorcock
- Behold the Man by Michael Moorcock
- The City and the City by China Miéville
- The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse
- Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin
Some books I have recently enjoyed
- Dimension of Miracles by Robert Sheckley
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Anathem by Neal Stephenson (not for everyone, but I loved it)
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Seveneves by Neal Stephenson
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown
My fastest marathon time is 3:27:17 (Fox Valley Marathon 2015)
My fastest half-marathon is 1:34:12 (New Orleans 2015)
My best race result is the 2014 SeaShore Half Marathon in Huntington Beach, CA , 1st place in the men’s division with a time of 1:38:53.